Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Should I Buy a Pet Green Iguana?

green iguana
Warning: If you are thinking about buying a baby iguana in the petshop please ask yourself this: Will I be able to take care of it when it is 5ft or more long?. A freind of mine gave me his juvenile iguana because he was getting too big for his cage. I kept it for a summer and it began getting to big for the cage I had! I promptly gave him to a gentleman who had been keeping large reptile for many years. Iguanas are nice pets, and I truly enjoyed iggy (not the most creative name, I know) but they are not for everyone. If you want a lizard try a leopard gecko or if you wan something larger, a bearded dragon. Both are easy to care for.

4 comments:

iguana pets said...

same story everywhere....
at least you pass iggy over to a supposed to be well knowledge iguana taker..

When i got mine i was always thinking into free roaming.

BAM said...

Free-roaming would not have been feasable in my house. My mother would have had a fit.

annvenn said...

As a reptile owner, it can be hard to know how big your pet will actually become—especially if you are not familiar with the species you own (never a good idea). After spending hours surfing the web, I stumbled across some beautifully made custom terrariums that are expandable. They are made by Cages By Design and are ideal for people whose pet reptiles seem to keep growing. We all know that purchasing a new reptile enclosure can be expensive (especially if you want one that is well-made). So it makes sense to get ride of your pet reptile of you can’t afford to keep buying new reptile cages or lizard cages. Once I found these expandable lizard cages, I felt really excited. With these cages, you can buy the size your pet currently needs. If he keeps growing all you have to do is buy a few extra panels to make your large reptile cages even bigger. I thought this was an awesome resource!

BAM said...

Thats a really good idea. I'm glad someone came up with it.